Saturday, April 9, 2011

John 10 (Lesson 16)

  John, Chapter 10

Jesus is the Good Shepherd—He gained power over death from his Father—He promises to visit his other sheep—He proclaims, I am the Son of God.
 1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
 2But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the asheep.
 3To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his avoice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and bleadeth them out.
 4And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they aknow his bvoice.
 5And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of astrangers.
 6This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things they were which he spake unto them.
 7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the adoor of the sheep.
 8All that ever came before me aare thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them.
 9I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.
 10The thief cometh not, but for to asteal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have blife, and that they might have it more cabundantly.
 11I am the good ashepherd: the good bshepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
 12But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and aleaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
 13The ahireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
 14I am the good ashepherd, and bknow my csheep, and am known of mine.
 15As the Father knoweth me, even so aknow I the Father: and I lay down my blife for the sheep.
 16And aother bsheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be cone fold, and one shepherd.
 17Therefore doth my Father alove me, because I blay down my life, that I might ctake it again.
 18No man ataketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have bpower to lay it down, and I have cpower to take it again. This commandment have I dreceived of my Father.
 19¶There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.
 20And many of them said, He hath a devil, and is mad; why hear ye him?
 21Others said, These are not the words of him that hath a devil. Can a devil open the eyes of the blind?
 22¶And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication, and it was winter.
 23And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon’s aporch.
 24Then came the Jews round about him, and said unto him, How long dost thou make us to adoubt? If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly.
 25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye abelieved not: the bworks that I do in my Father’s cname, they bear witness of me.
 26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
 27My asheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they bfollow me:
 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
 29My Father, which agave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.
 30I and my Father are aone.
 31Then the Jews took up astones again to stone him.
 32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
 33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for ablasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself bGod.
 34Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are agods?
 35If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
 36Say ye of him, whom the Father hath asanctified, and bsent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the cSon of God?
 37If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.
 38But if I do, though ye believe not me, abelieve the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the bFather is in me, and I in him.
 39Therefore they asought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,
 40And went away again beyond Jordan into the place where John at first baptized; and there he abode.
 41And many resorted unto him, and said, John did no miracle: but all things that John spake of this man were true.
 42And many believed on him there.

 2 Nephi 9:
41 O then, my beloved brethren, acome unto the Lord, the Holy One. Remember that his paths are righteous. Behold, the bway for man is cnarrow, but it lieth in a straight course before him, and the keeper of the dgate is the Holy One of Israel; and he employeth no servant there; and there is none other way save it be by the gate; for he cannot be deceived, for the Lord God is his name.
 42And whoso aknocketh, to him will he open; and the bwise, and the learned, and they that are rich, who are puffed up because of their clearning, and their dwisdom, and their riches—yea, they are they whom he despiseth; and save they shall cast these things away, and consider themselves efools before God, and come down in the depths of fhumility, he will not open unto them.


 D&C 1: 37   Search these bcommandments, for they are true and cfaithful, and the prophecies and dpromises which are in them shall all be fulfilled.
 38What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my aword shall not pass away, but shall all be bfulfilled, whether by mine own cvoice or by the dvoice of my eservants, it is the fsame.

D&C 18: 
33And I, Jesus Christ, your Lord and your God, have spoken it.
 34These awords are not of men nor of man, but of me; wherefore, you shall testify they are of me and not of man;
 35For it is my avoice which speaketh them unto you; for they are given by my Spirit unto you, and by my power you can read them one to another; and save it were by my power you could not have them;
 36Wherefore, you can atestify that you have bheard my voice, and know my words.

 D&C 97:
1Verily I say unto you my friends, I speak unto you with my avoice, even the voice of my Spirit, that I may show unto you my will concerning your brethren in the land of bZion, many of whom are truly humble and are seeking diligently to learn wisdom and to find truth.



No comments:

Post a Comment