Saturday, October 17, 2015

I Am a Child of God --Modified for Fallen Man


I am a child of God
(Adapted from Paul Sutorius by H. Curtis Wright)

I am a child of God.
That’s only half the view:
If I don’t shed the natural man
I’m sunk, and so are you.

Lead me, guide me, reconcile me,
Chasten me on earth:
Help me overcome the Fall;
Grant me the second birth.

I am a child of God.
That doesn’t clear the slate:
I’m carnal, sensual, devilish in
A lost and fallen state.

Save me, change me, rearrange me,
Gracious God above:
Cleave unto my broken heart;
Bestow redeeming love.

I am a child of God.
Yet I’ve become His child
Through faith in His Beloved Son’s
Redemption undefiled.

Lead me, guide me, justify me,
Cleanse me, make me pure;

Help me love as thou hast loved,
Or I cannot endure.

No comments:

Post a Comment